Caregiver Support and Resources
Long Term Care Ombudsman – First Coast
The mission of the Florida Long-Term Ombudsman Program is to improve the quality of life for all Florida residents living in a long-term care facility by advocating for and protecting their health, safety, welfare and rights.
More information about Long Term Care Ombudsman.
- Grandparents as Parents, a guide for grandparents raising grandchildren
- AARP “Prepare to Care” Guide
- National Council on Aging
- Florida Senior Legal Services
- Jacksonville Senior Services Directory – The directory is available at all Senior Centers and Jacksonville Public Libraries throughout the year.
- Florida Department of Elder Affairs – If you are outside of our service area, there are several other AAA’s in Florida that also serve seniors and caregivers.
- Jacksonville Area Legal Aid
- Community Legal Services of Mid-Central Florida
Health and Wellness
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline – 1(800)-273-8255
- Mental Health for Seniors – Aging True
- National Alliance on Mental Health Illness 800-950-6263 (M-F 10am to 6pm) or text anytime “NAMI” to 741741 for crisis intervention
- Florida Department of Children and Families Substance Abuse and Mental Health 1-800-985-5990
- Florida Department of Health
- Florida Blue Mental Health Support 24/7 Support 1-833-8484-1762
- Wekiva Springs for Seniors 24/7 904-296-3533
- City of Jacksonville Seniors
- Baptist Health 24/7 Crisis Hotline 904-202-7900
- Impower (Volusia County) 321-639-1224